Tuesday 11 October 2011

The Last Days are Upon Us!

It's the end of Monday and I'm pretty tired right now, but we're getting quite a lot of the final things sorted out, casting (& recasting) some of the smaller cameos and extras etc.. and rehearsals took place today which Damien said went very well so we'll have some video of that coming up for you in due course.

The rest has been a sort of scatterbrained picking up random items currently whizzing through my brain on a constant loop in order to to check off the random itty bitty things and bits and bobs that haven't been done yet.. working out what the vegans will eat, how many people will need breakfast on set and on what days, getting yellow gloves for Bonzo's costume, checking in with people so I know all is going well in their departments, ordering greasepaint, thinking about what's in my wardrobe so I can find a costume for myself to wear.... wondering if someone's sorted a name tag for the checkout girl, talking to Juliet about casting the checkout girl.. and the list goes on and my mind spins round and round! It's a bit exhausting really because even though it's not hard work, it's a lot of mental energy flying about in many different directions.

If I'm perfectly honest I don't cope all that well with pre-production. I never have, I find it draining and actually quite dislike it. But I know that come the shoot on Friday I'll be calm and serene and will enjoy every single bit of it. And so as I head off to bed at 1:30am with an information superhighway whizzing around the perimeter of my brainwaves I am willing that day to come.. and keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be ready for whatever happens and needs sorting out between now and the wrap! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment