Tuesday 20 September 2011

Greer's poster pick


There was something about Jenny Law's entry that really stood out to me. It has this real movie-poster feel, while channelling the underlying serious tone of our bittersweet comedy. Also loved the fact that she took our starter images and really made them her own. If I saw this on a wall, I would stop and want to read more.

Two other entries that caught my eye were by Fiona Nash and Andrew Smith. Fiona's was clean and dramatic, with a wonderful depth of colour. A little more text - a tagline maybe - to fill the space would have pushed this into the winning zone for me. As for Andrew's poster, well I thought putting Bonzo in a bottle really captured the very essence of the film. Loved it was so clean and tapped those wonderful Hitchcock posters by Saul Bass. Again I think - considering the graphic concept - that it just needed one more element that told me a bit more about the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment