Saturday 27 August 2011

Funded!


I don't know how much sleep I've had this past week. Not a great deal. Certainly not much in the last 48 hours, and I feel kind of floaty as I look at the final fundraising target of $8900.

There's some fees to come off of course, and we need to keep some for fulfilment of the perks we are giving to our incredibly generous backers. But overall we have exceeded our target by $1400 and people who had already backed us kept increasing their donations to the campaign long after we'd exceeded our goal. That will all help a lot with achieving the production value we want. A testament I think to the hard work, diligence and commitment of our wonderful cast and crew who worked tirelessly behind the scenes to create a project and campaign plan that has made people want to join with us and share our journey. And I am over awed by our backers generosity but also I am so tremendously proud of and thankful to all our team.

Serendipity played it's part too. Things seemed to happen in ways that came to be beneficial. My life is very like that sometimes. The floaty feeling is still here and maybe it's not all tiredness. I think a little bit of magic is about to happen!


Right now though I would like some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment