Thursday 4 August 2011

Tea & Team!



Bear with me while I tell you a brief story about buying tea bags..

On the way home from a rather fab pre-production meeting last night, I stopped of in the Tesco at Piccadilly Circus to grab some tea bags. They didn't have my usual brand of organic so I had a look to see what else I fancied. I like nice tea and don't mind paying a bit more but I'm not rich so it's always worth looking at the offers, I find. As it turned out I picked up a nice big box of 160 premium quality tea bags at nearly a fiver only to realise that I could get 80 teabag sized boxes for £3 for two. So I saved nearly two quid on the same amount of branded tea bags. At central London prices. Bloomin bargain!!

It struck me right at that moment that it's exactly the same thing you do when you Produce a film. You want quality, you want the best, you don't want to compromise on the end product, but you possibly aren't the richest shopper in the world and so you want to know about the deals and be ready to capitalise on opportunities. If we can find those bargains and freebies as we shop around for locations, equipment and everything else we need on the project, we can stretch our budget further and give our cast & crew the best tools and accessories for their work to shine. That's important to the quality of the product too. If nothing else our main quality ingredient in making this film are the people who've gotten behind the project and Damien's sure vision for making it happen in a collaborative, high achieving and ultimately fun way so that we can all be very proud of the finished film and our parts in it.

Together on Clowning Around our production team, joined last night by some great new members will be working together to make that happen. It's awesome to have a full production team, instead of producing alone, to be part of a shared experience and to spread the workload and have other people to make it fun and bounce ideas around and bring all our joint experience to the table so we can learn from each other and help each other achieve our best.

There's a T in team. And it stands for togetherness. And teabags! *:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment