Sunday 21 August 2011

Making-up clowning...



I'm Kirsty, the make-up designer on Clowning Around. Just wanted to chip in and talk about what I've been up to. So far it's been a lot of fun, giving me the opportunity to work on something I haven't really done before - clown make-up. I love the dynamic, as it's really an ensemble project. Coming up with ideas for the designs, I've spoken many times with the director and costume department to make sure we're all on the same page - with ideas for the shoot and colour palettes. From the beginning it was clear to me that we had very similar views on the look we were going for.
As for the crew, well some I've collaborated with many times before and for others it's a new and exciting experience. The level of creative talent and passion everyone has is great, making the project almost feel not like work at all; everyone is moving to make something great.

No comments:

Post a Comment