Monday 6 June 2011

And I'm back...

I have finally completed my work on the VELUX 5 Oceans media team! This most recent job took me to France, South Africa, New Zealand, Uruguay and the US of A and whilst being a great experience and meeting some cool people, I am looking forward to getting things back to normal and getting "Clowning Around" made. I still have my day job at North One TV to do, but being in the same country is very helpful for getting people on board and getting things done!

I arrived back late last night so have been trying to get my head around the backlog of emails and correspondence. I have been very lucky in that even when I have not been able to do anything, the team we have so far (in particular Leilani and Greer) have been keeping things moving and we now have use of a free studio and lights and a production meeting set-up for tomorrow with the core crew for the stills shoot. They have also been sending me numerous ideas about various locations and ideas for the film shoot.

I have also located a possible comic book artist as we want to create small downloadable pdfs of the characters back story as a visual aid for the crew in terms of style and also for people to have as a perk on our IndieGoGo site. We also have two more producers possibly on board, but will wait until they confirm before outing them!

We have had some downs as well as our ups too...our make-up designer Elena Scafidi can no longer commit to the project so we are on the lookout for another designer and have sent out emails to do to see if we can find someone. Also got an email from ARRI who aren't interested in giving us a discount on their ALEXA camera in exchange for publicizing their product. We are also still looking for someone to create video content of us along our journey, so I guess that'll still be me for the moment!

Anyway, I need to crack on, its now 2pm and still yet to unpack! After that, its down to more lists and going through what we need from the production meeting tomorrow night before the OTT Meeting, where we will not only get our plans for the stills shoot finalised, but also meet producer Perry Norton for the first time to discuss finance and OTT member Meddy Ford who has some thoughts on location.

No comments:

Post a Comment