Saturday 9 July 2011

Bonzo Begins..



There’s nothing that’s more satisfying to a producer than seeing a smiling director and a happy cast & crew. These are the people who’s job it is to breathe life and energy and feeling into a film and if I can make them happy, I’ve done my job well.

Thanks were in order for all the cast & crew who took part in the stills shoot on Thursday. We had lots to get through in a short space of time and consequently put everyone under pressure to achieve. And they over-achieved. The imagery we have is simply stunning and I’ve only seen a small un-edited part of all the stills we got, and it’s simply a credit to the incredible professionals we have aboard this production, who’ve all gotten aboard because they love the script and want to see it fully realised.

There’s video too. Lots of it, both behind the scenes and with the characters, and I’m looking forward to seeing that and to sharing with our backers.

When I look back on what we’ve achieved together I’m feeling confident that the film we can create for the some £4K we’re attempting to raise, will end up looking more like it’s had £40K spent on it. I know that the work is just beginning to make that thought a reality. I also know that with our amazing team pulling together we can do it.

I hope that as I work with Damien and the rest of the departments to create the plans for the shoot I can make life easy enough for everyone for the things we achieve together to be a very enjoyable process. We’re cracking on with the plans for the funding campaign and beginning to think about the shoot & pre-production. Bonzo and our other characters have just begun. Plenty more smiles are top of my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment