Sunday 3 July 2011

Photoshoot countdown


This is my first post so thought I'd better pull my finger out and get typing. I'm Damien's first AD, Greer, and am currently speeding through the northern countryside back to London, as we gear up for the promotional photoshoot this week.

After several failed attempts to speak to my director - why don't mobile phones work when you're actually mobile? - I'm cracking on with paperwork and checking in with the different departments on progress. We'll be having one more production meeting on Tuesday before the shoot, so it's important for Damien's peace of mind and the overall smooth running of things to ensure that everyone is up to speed.

Earlier today, I sat down and reread the opening script change that Damien has made. I read it in front of him in a pub on the Essex road - my third meeting in one evening - last wednesday, so really wanted to go back and take it all in again properly. I think the change makes a good opening scene into a really strong one. Without giving too much away, it really establishes that Bonzo's true enemy is the booze rather than the officious Fernelli. From a production perspective I can see it's going to give me one big headache (there are lots of children involved) but it'll look great on screen. But i won't worry about that for another week, in the meantime there are water pistols, balloons and custard pies to coordinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment