Monday 16 May 2011

Inch by Inch. Life's a Cinch!

“Little thinks, in the field, yon red-cloaked clown, Of thee, from the hill-top looking down; And the heifer, that lows in the upland farm, Far-heard, lows not thine ear to charm; The sexton tolling the bell at noon, Dreams not that great Napoleon Sto”

Ralph Waldo Emerson


I've been pottering away at the pre-production lists. There's a lot to do and I'm quite busy at the moment as I found myself directing another short film of my own, quite by chance. We shoot that next weekend and fortunately I have my own producer for that who is on top of everything so I can still get on with bits of production for Clowning Around.

It's very odd to be one moment paying the bills and loading the dishwasher and sorting my general day to day life out, the next moment researching clown costumes or shoes or the best type of wigs for Clowning Around, then speaking to the stylist about designers willing to provide stylish couture for my short. And I'm still marketing the last two films I made and getting the mastering done ready for the festivals I hope they'll be getting into. It's all feeling a bit schizophrenic at the minute although I must say I'm having fun with it all... (well, maybe not the housework).

I've taken a new step in managing my to-do lists and trying to put some kind of structure in the things I do every day. I've also begun giving myself half an hour in the park with a book. Just half an hour (no more, no less) to empty my head and be zen for a while. Otherwise I'd likely turn into some kind of a clown myself, tumbling over things haphazardly in my eagerness to get to the next thing. I don't think that would be good for any project. So while it doesn't quite feel like I'm on the 'sugar rush' of production yet, I am bit by bit getting things done.

With a smile on my face, of course! *:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment